Selfpublishing - Processes and Strategies
The seminar is aimed at participants who want to gain an initial insight into the publishing industry.
Publishers offer numerous opportunities for professional activity. The aim of this seminar is to provide participants with a sound insight into the publishing industry and to show them realistic ways of working in the diverse fields of the publishing industry.
The seminar focuses on the following aspects:
- Structures of the publishing industry and differentiation according to publisher-specific criteria
- Current situation analysis of the industry in Germany
- Professional paths into the publishing world
- Structures within a publishing operation and presentation of the different departments
- Areas of competence and professional requirements for the individual fields of activity
- Development of a publishing programme and programming principles
- The path from the first project idea to the print-ready book
- Pricing of publishing objects
- Calculation of books
- Aspects of marketing and sales
In the first part of the workshop, all departments are presented with their respective areas of responsibility; the necessary competences for working in the respective departments are pointed out.
In the second part, the individual steps from the first project idea to the complete creation of a print-ready book title as well as its marketing and sales are explained.
The seminar ends with an intensive practice unit through team or group work based on the simulation of publishing and planning conferences.
Speaker: Ingrid Schindler, Publisher (Verlag: open for books) and cultural organizer
Appointment: Thursday 12.03.2020, 10:00 - 17:00 o'clock
Location: Room 103, Kármánstr. 17/19
Registration: by mail to email@example.com (please enter your name, matr., semester, subject combination)